Current teaching activities
University of Lorraine
As of September 2017, I teach CS and digital tools for education to undergraduate students at the University School for Education. These classes are focussing on two aspects:
- CS as a science (how to teach computational thinking to kids and teenagers)
- digital tools for education (how to or not to use digital tools to improve learning)
Maison pour la Science Centre-Val de Loire
As a volunteer at la Maison pour la Science Centre-Val de Loire, together with Florent Becker, Philippe Huet and François Barillon, I take part to the design and implementation of activities around CS. The target audience consists of primary and secondary school teachers, who are teaching kids the basics of CS as a science.
These activities are inspired by the book entitled Computer Science Unppluged and briefly described in this webpage.
Past teaching activities
From 2009 until 2017, as an Associate Professor at the University of Orléans, I taught courses related to CS to undergraduate students (192h+ per year) at the University Institute of Technology. These courses included:
- Introduction to algorithmics and programming (illustrated with python)
- Introduction to linux-based operating systems (including bash programming)
- Database design and SQL
- Introduction to Human-Computer Interfaces
- Introduction to Object-Oriented Programming (illustrated with java)
In 2008-2009, I was a full-time teaching fellow (ATER) in the CS Department of the Science Faculty of the Université de Lorraine (formerly Université Henri Poincaré). I gave classes on bioinformatics, functional programming (implemented with CAML) and bash programming.
In 2007-2008, I gave a class on Information Retrieval within the ICSL Program of the Department of Linguistics of the University of Tübingen.
In 2006-2007, I was a half-time teaching fellow (ATER) at Polytech Nancy (formerly ESSTIN). I taught Algorithmics and Object-Oriented Programming to undergraduate students.
From 2003 until 2006, I was a teaching assistant in the CS Department of the Science Faculty of the Université de Lorraine (formerly Université Henri Poincaré). I gave classes mainly on algorithmics and functional programming.
- Algorithmics and functional programming (CaML language) 2008.
- Bioinformatics (Perl - bioperl) 2008.
- Introduction to linux (Bash programming) 2008.
- Introduction to Information Retrieval 2008.
- Introduction to Computer Science - Object Oriented Programming (Java language) 2007.
- Algorithmics and introduction to Object Oriented Programming (Java language) 2004.
- Data-processing tools and languages (Perl language) 2003.